Welcome to the second post in this series of monthly stats, goals, and growth tracking posts. April was our first month and the data included some information prior to April, but this post will feature only information on growth in the month of May. This should paint a better picture for those who are looking at starting a blog of their own and want to see what growth looks like.
Let’s get to it!
General Planet Plan It Blog Traffic
Blog Post Data
I gave regular posting a good effort in May. I posted quite a few times.
Need a recap of what was posted? The list below shows what the big world of Neta Marie Designs was talkin’ about.
Blog Post Listing (from newest to oldest):
- June’s AFlowerADay Challenge!!
- Changes and updates to the freebies library… oh and some new additions too!
- My April 2017 Likes & Dislikes
- April Review and Flip Through
- Planet Plan It – April Stats & May Goals
- My April Challenges Recap
My most popular post is still my old Plan-With-Me Post as I begin my new Bullet Journal. I can’t be mad though. That post is so image-heavy and idea-filled that I look back at it often too!
If you are trying to get more traffic to your blog, it is helpful to know where the traffic comes from.
Other Social Media:
So, May was a great month, but also a stressful one. I bit the bullet and changed/rebranded my blog and all my social media from Planet Plan It to Neta Marie Designs. The change came about because I want to see my blog and work here grow, but I also discovered another site called Plan It Planet. Because they had been around longer, I chose to rebrand, so here I am. It was stressful, but went smoother than I expected.
Although I thought the rebrand may hurt my numbers, I have to say that I saw the opposite effect. It seemed like many people were very receptive of my new name 🙂
Instagram @NetaMarieDesigns: April ended with 690 followers and May ended with 745 followers (+55) with 40 new posts
Instagram @NMD_Challenges: With 87 new challenge posts, followers increased from 147 to 256 at the end of May (+109)
YouTube Channel: With only two videos posted, my channel subscribers grew from 21 to 31 subscribers (+10)
MailChimp (Newsletter): Grew from 820 subscribers in April to 903 subscribers by the end of May (+83)
Many people make money via YouTube, blogging, online shops, and affiliate links. Currently, my only earnings come from the Amazon Affiliate program.
My earnings for May were still minimal, but there seemed to be a lot of action on the links, so I will count it as a big win.
* I do try to disclose my Amazon Affiliate link use (like at the end of posts and videos) because it is required. If you have questions regarding these links, let me know. *
** Let’s see how I measured up! Goals achieved will be in GREEN and goals that weren’t achieved will be in RED**
I will try not to be long-winded with this. For the month of May 2017, I would like to:
- Grow blog newsletter subscribers to 1000 I grew to 903, but fell short of my goal (-97)
- Grow views to 8000 I fell short and only got 6,613 views, so I was about 1,387 views.
- Grow visitors to 3000 I bested this goal and got 3,454 visitors (+454)!!
- Post at least 10 times I was only able to post 6 times (-4).
- grow @NetaMarieDesigns main account to 1000 followers I am gaining on this goal, but didn’t make it all the way in May. I made it to 745 followers (-255).
- grow @NMD_Challenges account to 200 followers Bam! Goal achieved! I was able to onboard 211 followers (+11)!!
- Post 4 videos Only 2 videos made it up on the ‘Tube (-2)
- grow followers to 30 Followers increased over 30 to 31 (+1) Woot Woot!
Well, that is a lot of red, but I see it as opportunities to grow. It will be interesting to see if I meet my filming and posting goals if my subscriber and viewer rate will meet goals as well.
What are my goals for June?
- Grow blog newsletter subscribers to 1000
- Grow views to 8,000
- Grow visitors to 4,000
- Post at least 10 times
- grow @NetaMarieDesigns main account to 1000 followers
- grow @NMD_Challenges account to 300 followers
- Post 4 videos
- grow followers to 40
Welp, that is a snapshot of May on NetaMarieDesigns. I love seeing posts like these even though they may not be so exciting to others. Don’t worry, though, tomorrow I will be back to bullet journaling!
Have a awesome night!
Lets get connected!
- Instagram @NetaMarieDesigns main account: https://www.instagram.com/NetaMarieDesigns/
- Instagram @NMD_Challenges account: https://www.instagram.com/nmd_challenges/
- Planet Plan It YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO-QvrMSe2JJtcyDRe4CjoA