So, I have gathered some supplies and done the initial assembly on my TN, but now I am looking for inspiration about what the content of my TN will be. Coming from a bullet journal in a notebook, I think I was a little stuck thinking that I had to do my planning in the same way. In my notebook(s), I did personal planning in my Scribbles That Matter notebook, and my blog and work planning were done in separate Leuchtturm Jottbooks. It was this separation that was what first pushed me toward the TN system.
I started looking at how others plan in their TN and came across this video by Cre8tive Cre8tions by Andrea Gomoll:
I searched for other Webster’s Pages Color Crush TNs because that is what I use and found this YouTube channel. Andrea shared how she plans and I thought that it was really interesting that she has separate notebooks for yearly and monthly/week/daily planning. This blindsided me. It was like all my prayers have been answered. Make sure to visit her channel and subscribe as well as check out her online shop.
Another eye-opener was when I was watching some Erin Condren unboxings and people started talking about a ‘perpetual planner’. In essence, a perpetual planner has all of the days of the year, but not days of the week. This means that you can track birthdays and holidays and use it each year instead of having to recreate it with each year or planner.
This video shows the calender pretty well as well as providing some ideas on how to use the calendars that come with the Erin Condren planners… but that’s not why we are here.
With this new inspiration, I brainstormed what I wanted each of my notebooks to be. Here is the preliminary list that I came up with:
- Permanent (similar to perpetual planner)
- Fitness & Health
- Neta Marie Designs blog
When you are looking for inspiration of your own, I suggest looking on Pinterest, Instagram, Google, YouTube, and more. There are so many great ideas. Along with some of the inspiration on what each notebook will hold, I also found some page spread ideas as well.
- There is a month-at-a-glance page from Cre8tive Cre8tions video above (at 10:36 minutes in) that I really loved. The page would need tweaking to fit my specific needs.
- Another thing I keep seeing are little affirmations that people include on their spreads and I want to include them in my Fitness & Health notebook. I searched ‘daily affirmations’ on Google and found Louise Hay’s website. There is a new affirmation each day (today is ‘I love myself just the way I am.’)
While you are looking, I suggest that you create a Pinterest board, YouTube playlist, and other ways to save your favorite ideas. Here are mine:
- YouTube TN Inspiration Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDx52sux68hTWBDJ_6vU221tgjpW67SlS
- Pinterest Board: https://www.pinterest.com/netamariedesigns/travelers-notebook-inspiration/
I will be continuing to look for inspiration and will also be starting my actual planning soon. I am so excited that I can hardly contain myself. I am combining my next two planned posts into one, so make sure to tune in for the next post in Making the Move from Bujo to TN: What Stays and What Goes and Planning My Inserts.
See ya soon!