So, I have a deep love for pens. Always have. Always will. Bullet journaling has woken the beast and my addiction has grown stronger. I am pretty sure I will need an intervention sooner or later.
The biggest problem with my addiction is storage. FYI – this post excludes how I store notebooks… because I don’t have a system for that.
When it comes to storing pens, I feel like these are my only options:
After realizing that the first two just aren’t going to work, I looked on. I searched and searched and searched for a suitable storage system, but it is not as easy as I thought it would be to find. Finally, I stumbled on these storage containers!!
Here are some of the features that I really like:
- variation in bin depth
- Size is roughly 6″ x 9″ (so I can take them in a bag if needed)
When I purchased these, I actually got two different sets. I have since then purchased more because I really like them AND I have more pens.
I purchased two more units with two deep bins each and plan on organizing the rest of my:
- felt tip pens
- upgrading my gel pens to a deep bin
- washi tape
- notepads will go into the shallow bin
Now, I know what you are going to ask next. “Neta, are you seriously going to lug all of that everywhere?” Answer – yes. Just kidding. No, not really. This will be home storage. I made the decision to re-purpose one of my pouches into my daily pen stash. These will travel with me and my journal. I chose a pouch that was big enough to hold a decent amount of pens, yet can easily fit into my purses.
I decided that my daily hand-lettering challenges (see this post for more info) will probably be done at home, so there is no reason that I need to bring all 5 billion pens with me everywhere. It was like choosing a favorite child… or maybe favorite pet, but I think I narrowed it down pretty well.
Don’t you love this pouch!? It comes in four different colors: blue, orange, pink, and red (pictured). This one measures about 7″ x 2″ x 3.5″
Here are the contents:
Quick list of what is in here (starting from top left moving clockwise):
- Pentel ClearPoint mechanical pencil with .5mm lead
- Pentel ClicEraser
- Zebra Mildliner
- American Craft Metallic Markers (the ones pictured are from the dollar section at Target)
- Pentel Sign Brush/Flexible Point
- Sharpie Pen Stylo Fine
- Kuretake Fudegokochi
I thought that I could take a little of everything I use to do daily bullet journaling. With these pens, I can do regular writing, hand-lettering (for titles and whatnot), shading, and sketching or drafts. All of my weekly set-ups and challenges will be done at home when I have access to more supplies.
I would love to see what supplies or systems you use for storage. If you take a picture, tag me on Instagram @Planet_PlanIt
Have a great Sunday, and to those that celebrate the holiday, Happy Easter!
- SnapWare Stackable Container (2 deep bins): http://amzn.to/2pn2PQl
- SnapWare Stackable Containers (2 deep bins and 1 shallow): http://amzn.to/2p86sdh
- VW Bus Pen Pouch by Monster Factory (blue, orange, red, and pink colors available): http://amzn.to/2okiN9D
- Various other pouches: So, I purchased these make-up pouches a long time ago at Fred Meyers. If you just want to round out your Amazon order (or don’t have Fred Meyer stores near you), this pouch is a similar size as the larger, floral pouch pictured and comes in sooo many different patterns.
Pens (these are all pens that are seen in the pictures above):
- Sharpie Art Pens: http://amzn.to/2oDWXkD
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens: http://amzn.to/2oDGk8O
- Crayola SuperTips (white barrel with colored caps): http://amzn.to/2oB7b3A
- Artline Stix (brush pens that look like Legos): http://amzn.to/2oDNJVy
- Black Sharpie Pen Stylo Fine Tip: http://amzn.to/2oBn6Pz
- LePen: http://amzn.to/2oBlNA1
- Kuretake Brush Pen: http://amzn.to/2nSfYkM
- Faber Castell Artist PITT: http://amzn.to/2pn1E3y
- Stabilo Point 44: http://amzn.to/2pqJKdf
- Pentel Sign Brush/Flexible Tip: http://amzn.to/2pqKf77
- Pentel ClearPoint .5mm Mechanical Pencil and lead: http://amzn.to/2ogjRMo
- Pentel ClicEraser: http://amzn.to/2nShuD9
- American Craft Metallic Marker: http://amzn.to/2pncoie
- Zebra Mildliner: http://amzn.to/2pqQxUr
- Kuretake Fudegokochi: http://amzn.to/2p8gLhn
I could go on and on. If there is a pen you like and want the link to, please comment below or email me at email@example.com.
P.S – Yes, the links are affiliate links, but these are all products that I recommend and like. I was not paid to review these and all opinions are my own. I just thought I would share the good things that I find with all of you. 🙂